Leveraging our time, talent and resources to aid the communities where we live and work is central to our firm’s philosophy. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility programme, we commit ourselves to education and mentorship, the environment, diversity, and volunteerism.
- Sponsor of the annual H&J Excellence in Teaching Award as part of the Teacher of the Year programme conducted by the Bahamas Ministry of Education which recognises educators who exemplify excellence in the teaching profession and leadership development
- Sponsor of the Bahamas Primary School Student of the Year Award, an initiative which provides scholarships to high achievers in Year 6 to attend the secondary schools of their choice
- Sponsor of the H&J ‘Pursuit of Excellence’ Scholarship in the Cayman Islands, which is, among other things, based on academic achievement, community involvement and commitment to all-round excellence
- Active participation in the Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) of the Cayman Islands, which has embraced the mentoring and training of students in the Cayman Islands, with particular emphasis on increasing exposure to careers within the maritime industry
- Adoption of a green footprint, including the implementation of an energy saving policy at all offices, recycling, and involvement in community conservation awareness campaigns
- A commitment to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are considered during the recruitment and advancement of all attorneys and employees of the firm
- Active membership in civic organisations like Lions Clubs International and Rotary International through local chapters, Special Olympics, the Lyford Cay (Scholarship) Foundation, the Cancer Societies of The Bahamas and the Cayman Islands, the Cayman Islands Crisis Centre, the Red Cross Associations of The Bahamas and the Cayman Islands, the Cayman Islands Humane Society, and Zonta International