Leveraging our time, talent and resources to aid the communities where we live and work is central to our firm’s philosophy. Through the Higgs & Johnson Charitable Trust, we commit ourselves to education and mentorship, the environment, diversity, and volunteerism.
- Sponsor of the Sir Geoffrey Johnstone Memorial Scholarship, tenable at the Eugene Dupuch Law School and named for the firm’s late Senior Partner who headed the firm from 1968 to 1998
- Sponsor of the annual H&J Excellence in Teaching Award as part of the Teacher of the Year programme conducted by the Bahamas Ministry of Education which recognises educators who exemplify excellence in the teaching profession and leadership development
- Sponsor of the Bahamas Primary School Student of the Year Award, an initiative which provides scholarships to high achievers in Year 6 to attend the secondary schools of their choice
- Adoption of a green footprint, including the implementation of an energy saving policy at all offices, recycling, and involvement in community conservation awareness campaigns
- A commitment to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are considered during the recruitment and advancement of all attorneys and employees of the firm
- Active membership in civic organisations like Lions Clubs International and Rotary International through local chapters, Special Olympics, the Lyford Cay (Scholarship) Foundation, the Cancer Society of The Bahamas, The Bahamas Red Cross and Zonta International